Old Basing Archers (“The Club”) – Data Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains how the Club intends to process the personal information of its members and competition entrants, in addition to outlining the rights of these individuals regarding their personal information.
- Your personal information – what is it?
Personal information is anything that can identify an individual. The processing of personal information is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR). We record some or all of the following in respect of our members:
- Name, age, address, telephone number, email address, ArcheryGB number, shooting records, banking details when we make payments, and any special requirements (e.g. wheelchair)
- Who are we?
The Club is a members’ archery club and is associated with the Hampshire Archery Association, Southern Counties Archery Society, and ArcheryGB. Our Club is the data controller with responsibility for processing the personal information you give to us.
- How does our group process your personal information?
The Club complies with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping your personal information up to date; by storing and destroying it securely either manually or electronically; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of personal information; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that processes are in place to protect your personal information.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal information?
The Club processes your personal information, so that, as a member or competitor, we can help you with the activity the group offers you.
- Sharing your personal information
Your personal information will be treated as confidential by the Club and will be shared only with other recognised archery bodies as required. The results of competitions may be published openly.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
The Club will keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for records purposes, after you cease to be a member or competitor.
- Your rights and your personal information
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal information that the Club holds about you;
- The right to request that the Club corrects any personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal information is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Club to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the Club provides you with your personal information;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal information (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Contact Details
To exercise your individual rights under the GDPR, or to get in touch with us with any queries or complaints, please contact the Club at email@example.com . Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.
Effective Date: 25-Aug-2023
Last Updated: 25-Aug-2023
What are cookies?
Types of Cookies we use
Manage cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.